18 September 2012
A few Tips on Logo Design
Although it may seem a small part of the website, it is also one of the most important parts.
It can be very tricky getting it right - It's usually the hardest thing for the client and the designer to nail down.
A few things to remember when designing a logo :
- Research the company as much as possible, in order to get a 'feel' for what they are aiming for .
- Do a number of designs, on paper if neccessary, and take your time to get it right .
- Try to incorporate the companies USP, if they have one, but try to keep it simple and catchy.
- Avoid using lots of photoshop text effects to make it look fancy, 3D etc.. Have a look at the worlds biggest brands - The logos are all very simple, but have an impact.
- When you've done your designs, don't show them all to your client, only 2 at the most, unless they request it. This will only add time to the process.
- Write down the reasons why you chose the logo you did, and explain to the client the benefits of this. Youir expertise will be appreciated.
- Explain to the client the simplicity of a logo is more important than lots of fancy effects.
- Most of all - Take your time, and interact with your client, to make them feel included.
Logo Design is very important part of the Website process, and is an aspect a lot of web design companies can sometimes overlook.